AA-PB2NC6B
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AA-PB2NC6B

AA-PB2NC6B

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review. Empty
PostSubject: Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.   Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 2:19 pm

That is a tiny bluetooth GPS receiver i always bought from Mobile Wonderful Ltd, I bought this in order to connect to my O2 XDA 2i PDA also it cost around £ 50. I was intially looking on google for cheap GPS receivers and this also came up as the least expensive. I thought at that price are going to a catch, and the actual catch usually being lousy performance, but I was pleased! This thing really works, and works well!
After searching for initial reviews about this device I put together very little other than the reviews from Mobile Exciting Ltd, which I was reluctant to trust for anxiety about them being somewhat biased. When i thought for £ 40 I'll create a chance and so bought it, all credit to Cellular Fun the receiver arrived additionally, firm abs next morning. Upon opening the box I was a bit disappointed, all the there was by using instructions was a smaller sheet of paper that were loosely translated from Japanese to English by a dyslexic toddler. You can download the operator manual from here and also the Tomtom pairing manual from here. After following these instructions you may have it set up instantly. Another thing I noticed was that there are no manufaturer's name or marks anywhere about the device or the packaging, which makes searching for support quite difficult.
A nice touch with this little device is that should be supplied with a battery that is common to many Nokia phones (3. 7V 850mAh Li-polymer power supply, BL-5C), a quick search on ebay means you can get replacement batteries for these receivers for about £ 4 which is good to grasp should you need one.
What's In The Container?
Bluetooth GPS Receiver x1 12v In Car Adapter (USB) x1 Basic Instructions x1 Battery x1 UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS Charging Cable x1
Setting up
Provided you follow the actual limited instructions for pairing with all your device, and the Tomtom setup instructions, you should be uploaded and functioning in less than 5 min's. I have only imposed the receiver once since i have bought it about only two months ago, the battery just usually last forever! The supplied in automotive charger and USB cable implies that the receiver can be charged moving home from a 12v source and could also be charged from any SYSTEM or laptop. From cold initial the receiver aquires a usuable GPS signal exremely instantly, quicker than most of the really expensive GPS receivers that I've are exposed to. The device is extremely small and may easily fit into any space inside your car, or even your pocket when you're using it for going for walks or cycling.
One small problem Used to do have is that when utilizing it with my XDA 2i that Tomtom software would regularly freeze and cause me to stop the car, reboot a phone, then carry on my journey. At first I thought this was a result of the XDA losing its connection with the bluetooth receiver and hence confirming my fears about variances this product. It quickly became obvious that this was false and it was believe it or not an issue with my PDA and also Tomtom software.
I quickly discovered a workaround due to this issue between the Tomtom software program and my XDA that enables the whole system to operate flawlessly. I shall write a 'how to' within this workaround shortly as I am sure many other XDA 2i users share the same problem.
I do know there's a known issue when using any bluetooth GPS receivers aided by the O2 XDA 2 (note not XDA 2i) because of the bluetooth stack settings which were shipped with the smartphone, please be aware of the before buying this device as you sure to encounter concerns.
Key Features
Compatible along with TomTom, Navicore, and all major GPS software applications. 12 parallel satellite-tracking programmes for fast acquisition as well as reacquisition. Provides superior routing performance in city locations. Built-in rechargeable Lithium-polymer battery provides in excess of 10 hours of steady use. Unit can be charged considering the included car charger while still being used. Mini-USB charger compatiblty, charge besides the Bluetooth GPS Receiver but probably compatible PDAs & Smart Phones while using the same charger. 3 colours Concluded in show the status of Bluetooth/GPS/Power activities about this device.
Specifications
GPS wr: L1, C/A code, 12 programmes Tracking sensitivity: – 152dBm (average) or maybe better Acquisition sensitivity: – 139dBm (average) or maybe betterTTFF (Time to Very first Fix): Cold Start: 50s (average) or 60s (95% possibility) Comfortable Start: 35s (average) or 40s (95% possibility) Warm Start: 2s (minimum) or 6s (95% possibility) Position accuracy: Standard Positioning Support (SPS), WAAS (optional) 2DRMS: approx. 5m Measurement data result: Update time: 1 minute NMEA output protocol: /. 3. 01 Baud pace: 38400 bps (8-N-1) Datum: WGS-84 Form: GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC Electric power consumption: 75mA (average) Wireless bluetooth: Bluetooth version 1. 3 compliant Class 2 operation (up to 10 metre range) Serial Port Profile (SPP) Output incurable: Type B Mini-USB (TTL Level) Antenna Kind: Built in Patch Antenna Electric battery: 3. 7V 850mAh Li-polymer power supply, built-in charger LED: Electric power (red), GPS (green), Wireless bluetooth (blue) Dimension: 64(L) times 39(W) x18. 5(H) mm Managing temperature: -20° C ~ +60° G Storage temperature: -20° G ~ +60° C; Power supply: -20° C ~ +45° G
Conclusion
A great little device that performs well beyond its cost structure. Check if there is any known issues with your device and bluetooth GPS receivers before purchase as this can save you a lot of headaches. The only thing that lets this product down is zero documentation and online guidance, other than this worthy the buy!
<! --StartFragment -->&nbsp; johnsreviews status: 8/10
Back to top Go down
https://aa-pb2nc6b.forumotion.com

Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.
Page 1 of 1