AA-PB2NC6B
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AA-PB2NC6B

AA-PB2NC6B

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review. Empty
PostSubject: Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.   Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 3:00 pm

This is usually a tiny bluetooth GPS receiver i bought from Mobile Fun Ltd, I bought this to touch base to my O2 XDA 2i PDA and yes it cost around £ 30. I was intially seeking on google for cheap GPS receivers this came up as the most affordable. I thought at that price are going to a catch, and your catch usually being negative performance, but I was pleased! This thing really works, and works well!
After searching for initial reviews for this device I designed very little other compared to the reviews from Mobile Interesting Ltd, which I was unwilling to trust for anxiety about them being somewhat biased. I actually thought for £ 40 I'll go on a chance and so got it, all credit to Cell phone Fun the receiver arrived the particular next morning. Upon opening the box I was a little bit disappointed, all the there was via instructions was a little sheet of paper that were loosely translated from Japanese to English by way of a dyslexic toddler. You can download a computer owner manual from here plus the Tomtom pairing manual out of here. After following these instructions you will get it set up without delay. Another thing I noticed was that there are no manufaturer's name or marks anywhere for the device or the packing and shipping, which makes searching for support quite difficult.
A nice touch this particular little device is to be supplied with a variety that is common to a lot Nokia phones (3. 7V 850mAh Li-polymer power, BL-5C), a quick search on ebay means that you may get replacement batteries for these receivers relating to £ 4 which is good to be familiar with should you need a person.
What's In The Pack?
Bluetooth GPS Receiver x1 12v For Car Adapter (USB) x1 Simple Instructions x1 Battery x1 HARDWARE Charging Cable x1
Assembly
Provided you follow this limited instructions for pairing with the device, and the Tomtom put in place instructions, you should be operational in less than 5 a short time. I have only energized the receiver once since i have bought it about two months ago, the battery just may seem to last forever! The supplied in car or truck charger and USB cable signifies that the receiver can be charged traveling from a 12v source and is usually charged from any LAPTOP or laptop. From cold begin the receiver aquires any usuable GPS signal exremely easily, quicker than most for the really expensive GPS receivers that I've are exposed to. The device is extremely small which enable it to easily fit into any space with your car, or even your pocket for anybody who is using it for going for a walk or cycling.
One small problem Used to do have is that when you use it with my XDA 2i any Tomtom software would frequently freeze and cause me to give up the car, reboot my best phone, then carry relating to my journey. At first I thought this was the end result of the XDA losing its reference to the bluetooth receiver and therefore confirming my fears about immediately this product. It quickly became plain that this was false and it was in actual fact an issue with my PDA along with the Tomtom software.
I quickly discovered a workaround in this issue between the Tomtom software system and my XDA that allows the whole system to figure flawlessly. I shall write a 'how to' during this workaround shortly as I think many other XDA 2i users share the equivalent problem.
I do know there's a known issue when working with any bluetooth GPS receivers when using the O2 XDA 2 (note not XDA 2i) due to bluetooth stack settings that will be shipped with the cell phone, please be aware in this before buying this device as you're sure to encounter difficulties.
Key Features
Compatible using TomTom, Navicore, and all major GPS software products. 12 parallel satellite-tracking options for fast acquisition in addition to reacquisition. Provides superior direction-finding performance in city areas. Built-in rechargeable Lithium-polymer battery provides above 10 hours of persistent use. Unit can be charged when using the included car charger while still available. Mini-USB charger compatiblty, charge but not only the Bluetooth GPS Receiver but will also compatible PDAs & Smart Phones together with the same charger. 3 colours Ended in show the status of Bluetooth/GPS/Power activities for this device.
Specifications
GPS device: L1, C/A code, 12 options Tracking sensitivity: – 152dBm (average) and also better Acquisition sensitivity: – 139dBm (average) and also betterTTFF (Time to 1st Fix): Cold Start: 50s (average) or 60s (95% possibility) Hot Start: 35s (average) or 40s (95% possibility) Scorching Start: 2s (minimum) or 6s (95% possibility) The positioning of accuracy: Standard Positioning Assistance (SPS), WAAS (optional) 2DRMS: around. 5m Measurement data productivity: Update time: 1 secondly NMEA output protocol: /. 3. 01 Baud amount: 38400 bps (8-N-1) Datum: WGS-84 Style: GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC Electricity consumption: 75mA (average) Wireless bluetooth: Bluetooth version 1. couple of compliant Class 2 company (up to 10 metre range) Serial Slot Profile (SPP) Output critical: Type B Mini-USB (TTL Level) Antenna Variety: Built in Patch Antenna Power supply: 3. 7V 850mAh Li-polymer power, built-in charger LED: Electricity (red), GPS (green), Wireless bluetooth (blue) Dimension: 64(L) times 39(W) x18. 5(H) mm Performing temperature: -20° C ~ +60° T Storage temperature: -20° T ~ +60° C; Power: -20° C ~ +45° T
Conclusion
A great little system that performs well beyond its cost bracket. Check if there is any known problems with your device and wireless GPS receivers before purchase as this can save you a lot of complications. The only thing that lets the pills down is too little of documentation and online help support, other than this a good idea the buy!
<! --StartFragment -->&nbsp; johnsreviews report: 8/10
Back to top Go down
https://aa-pb2nc6b.forumotion.com

Wireless bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.
Page 1 of 1